20 Dec 2007

Phew! have sent those cards at last!

I can't believe it's come to this - me rushing out to the postbox on the last posting day for first class post for Christmas, with a huge pile of cards which I actually sat down and wrote out yesterday and today, in a mega-blitz which involved putting the laptop to sleep because it was taking up too much space on my desk. Somehow it only dawned on me on Monday that I was running out of time - I blame the shops.

The thing is, you go to the supermarket at the end of August and see the beginning of the stocking up of shelves with Christmas-related merchandise and you sigh to yourself and think, Goodness, they do start earlier every year, don't they... And so throughout September/October you keep doing this, going into shops and sighing and thinking how ridiculous it all is. And so in November you carry on doing that, because by now you've got used to it.

And then one day suddenly it hits you: actually there isn't loads of time left, in fact there is NO time left, in fact I'd better get my skates on!!!

Ho hum. At least it's done now, so there's some chance that I won't lose all my friends this year...

No comments: