3 Sept 2008

Sorry, Josh, have we been introduced?

Putting my fuddy-duddy hat back on (what do you mean, have I ever taken it off?) I have to say, Shelfari has slightly gone down in my estimation today.

First of all, they send me an email full of enthusiasm and excitement about having been acquired by Amazon. Like, I'm supposed to be pleased about this? You guys think I actually like Amazon? You think I've got this pro-uberdog streak that makes me gush with enthusiasm every time I hear about another big powerful company getting more powerful? Why?

And then, as if this wasn't enough, I find that this email from this company is taking the chummy My Space approach to communication and their email to me is signed:

Happy reading

Josh

So I've got a new friend, have I? A new best mate to be all chummy with? Well, at least he hasn't signed up as my "friend":-)

No comments: