14 Aug 2007

British Summer Time

I always smile when I hear the term "British Summer Time" (in case you don't know, this is when they move the clocks forward by an hour - what the Americans call Daylight Saving Time, I believe).

I smile because to an Israeli this season in this country doesn't seem to resemble summer at all. Where I come from, we get boiled from May to September, during which time umbrellas are left to gather dust. And here we are in England today, with our new patio furniture wet from the rain... for which I'm very grateful, not just because of the simple equation of no rain=no food and certainly no flowers, but because I hadn't got round to washing my car for a long time and today's rain washed some of the bird droppings off it.

Sorry, what was that? Oh, hmmm... did I have something meaningful to say? Well.... er... no, not really. You don't have to write meaningful stuff in a blog, do you?

No comments: